Monday, October 20, 2008

Romantic Tricks For Teenage Love

You know, it wasn't too long ago when I was 14 or 15 and I had my very first boyfriend! But I didn't have a job and we really couldn't go out anywhere sooo it was more of an in-school/hang out kind of thing. But him and I BOTH manage to find ways to keep things romantic in a "like you like you" way! These tips cost little to no money to do but speak VOLUMES to the object of your affection.

1) Love Notes Between Classes Is A "Class"ic

The most obvious tip I can EVER give a young couple in love is to write notes to one another! Now, not every note has to have you declaring your love for the person over and over again but just knowing that it came from your "hunnie" bunches of oats is enough to make you go "awwwwww".

Wanna add an extra twist of romance? Write a note on a special piece of paper or type it up on the computer with a few clipart pictures and a nice boarder to give it that extra "I took time out to do this for you because I like you like you" flare. You can even place a lipstick kiss on the bottom of the note or spray it a few times with your favorite cologne so they can have a sensory tie to the note with you.

2) Buy Something For Them That You Saw That You Thought They Would Like

My first boyfriend brought a magazine to school and gave it to me and said "I saw this while I was grocery shopping with Mom and knew you would like it. I remember you saying you were into things like this." I went even more head over heels for him!

When you see things out and about or even in your house that you KNOW your hunnie will like, buy it and give it to them. They will LOVE that you were actually listening to them and receiving a gift, no matter how big or small it is, is always romantic.

3) Show Up To Their House And Help Them Study For That Big Test

I know some of you are saying, "That isn't romantic at all!" But trrruuusstt me, your hunnie will think it was the sweetest and most loving thing you could ever do for them.

If they have a big test the next day and have to get some major studying done, do some quick planning and help them out. Show up to their house with flash cards of facts they need to know for the test or come up with a game that for every question they answer correctly, they get a kiss on the cheek or lips. You guys will have fun, get to spend time together, you will show your hunnie that you care about them enough to help them grow, and further your education! What more can you ask for?

4) Make A Reservation To A Restaurant On A Busy Night

I doesn't have to be a fancy french restaurant but something as simple as your local Pizza Hut or Friday's. Making a reservation on a busy night of the week will show your hunnie that you are willing to plan ahead for them, and that's really romantic and sincere. It's especially overwhelming for them when you don't tell them that you have the reservation and show up to the place.

Your hunnie will see the long line and say to you, "We'll never be able to get in and make curfew" or something along those lines. That's when you put a huge smile on your face, march right up to the host/hostess with them and say, "Hi, yes, my name is ____________ and I called in a reservation for tonight earlier this week. Is our table ready?" The host/hostess will say, "Ahhhh yes, we got your table all set up and waiting for you right now. Right this way!"

At this point and time, please note the look on your hunnie's face. You will see that you just scored HUGE brownie points with them and feel good about yourself!

5) Write Them An Actual Letter, You Know, The Kind You Get In The Mail

This is similar to Tip #1 but this is more of the time when you should declare your love for them after you guys have been going steady for a while. Receiving an actual letter in the mail will surprise your hunnie and make them feel extra warm and gooey on the inside. I bet you will be getting a call over the phone with them basically screaming with joy how much they love it and how wonderful you are!

6) Don't Rush Saying The "L" Word

I've noticed alot as I've gotten older that kids get together and say, "I Love You" even before the first date. You shouldn't say this word unless you 100% mean it!

Saying "I Love You" too soon throws the whole relationship off from day 1 and there will be no where to really build from later on down the road. In my personal opinion, the "L" word shouldn't be dropped until at least 3-5 months of steady relationship status. But that's just me.

With these tips under your belt, you can find TONS of other things to do to make things a bit interesting in your teenage love affairs. Remember, all relationships are different so these tips are just basic guidelines for you to create your own version!

No comments: