Saturday, October 18, 2008

What I Believe About Lovers And Being Single... - A Personal Blog

"It's Better To Be Unhappy Alone Than Unhappy With Someone..." - Marilyn Monroe

I would rather be unhappy by myself then uphappy with somebody any day! I know alot of you are thinking, "Yea right...you scream all the time that you wish you had somebody to love." and yes, I DO wish I had somebody to love on BUT...

I would never EVER be with ANYBODY for the sake of being with somebody. I have more respect for myself then to just fling myself on the first person who will have me.

I don't care how sexy they are, what kind of car they drive, how long I've been with them, or how much money they have. If they aren't making me happy and I don't think we can work out, I will pack up my things and leave them reeeeaaaallll quick.

Life is too short to sell yourself short of what you really want and who you think really deserves to be with you. You should let NO ONE make you unhappy if you don't have to. I never understood that...why people stick around with somebody when it is obvious that you don't want to be with them anymore?

Are people that afraid of change that they'll stick with someone familiar just because they don't want to go out and try to find someone else? I mean...you'll literally put up with someone's crap just because they're "alright" to be with 1/4th of the time?

You're wasting precious time people! You aren't promised to wake up tomorrow morning. You might be 21 now but one morning you might wake up and realize you're 43 and spent most of your time under someone who doesn't really want you...

I'm 22 years old. I have my whole life ahead of me, hopefully. I cry myself to sleep at night cuddled into my pillow. I daydream most the day away thinking about how it would be to have somebody in my life again. I read Cosmopolitan magazines so I can stock up on sex tricks to use on my future somebody. And, in a nutshell, I am unhappy about being single. But...

I would never short change myself when it comes down to someone wanting to be my boyfriend. I'm not going to jump all over somebody just because they ask me out. I've made alot of mistakes in the past about who I gave my body up to because I really felt that I didn't deserve anybody. I even gave up the man I love most in life to someone else, on purpose, because I felt that I wasn't good enough for them.

I didn't feel like I was the right color, the right height, or the right weight to love them so I pushed him into the arms of another. And guess what...I regretted it EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE SINCE THAT DAY! So when the next one comes around, or if the old one decides to take me on, I'm going to make damn sure that I'm happy and that they are too!

Life is too short to be anything less then happy...I've wasted 20 1/2 years of my life being utterly unhappy and down on myself. Things aren't perfect for me yet but I'm seeing my future a whole lot clear-er then I ever did before I left for Texas. I'm NOT going to let myself down this time around!

And neither should anyone else who reads this...

So if you've taken the time to read this whole blog, please, sit down with yourself and really think about your relationship. Think about why you're with them and how things are. And don't kid yourself...if you can't say with a smile 90% of the time that you are happy to be with them...then maybe its time you need to start thinking about why you are so unhappy and if you need to get up out there.

Think about it...

No comments: